Well known Tasmanian writer, journalist, speaker and historian, Reg Watson is available to service clubs, military organisations, businesses, associations, Leagues or as a luncheon/dinner speaker.
For more than 51 years’ experience in writing he has appeared since 1978, 554 times on television and radio within Tasmania and nation-wide. He has had work published in article form in excess of a thousand, state-wide, nationally and internationally. He has eighteen books to his name.
HIS SUBJECTS INCLUDE:
- Thomas Francis Meagher – Irish exile to Van Diemen’s Land
- The Canadian/American exiles to Van Diemen’s Land
- Tasmanian participation in the Boer War
- Independence for Tasmania (secession)
- Strange Happenings over the skies of Bass Strait and Tasmania.
- The Australian and Tasmanian flags, their history and symbols.
- Jack the Ripper and the Tasmanian connection.
- Lt. John Bowen RN – The first British settlement in Tasmania, 1803
- Betty King – first white woman to settle in Australia?
- Historic Tasmanian Parliamentarians.
- Richard Morgan and his barn – first settler on the eastern shore of Hobart.
- Convict transportation – was it white slavery?
- Tasmanian connection to the American Civil War
- Martin Cash – Gentleman bushranger?
- Tasmanian First, Innovations and Firsts.
- The Last man to be hanged in Tasmania.
Commencing from $250. Travelling expenses are additional if outside Hobart and environs. If required to stay overnight, accommodation at a respectable hotel/motel or B&B required.
For further information please contact Reg:
Mobile: 0409 975 587.